« Diamond Head (June 4, 2007) | Main | Movies »

Back from Hawaii

Yesterday Gabe and I slept in until around 9:00 a.m. (Hawaii time of course). Then we headed down for breakfast. We thought that breakfast was served until 10:00 a.m., but we were both wrong. They only serve breakfast until 9:30 a.m. The pearl to take away from all of this is that there is way more food to choose from if you actually get to breakfast around 7:00 a.m. After eating we did some last minute shopping and hung out in our room until noon. We checked out of our room and checked our baggage, and then we stopped for lunch at LuLu's. We made our way to the Waikiki Aquarium. It far surpassed our expectations and with every paid admission an audio tour wand is included. I could have sat and watched the tank of predators all day. The jelly fish were pretty cool too. We walked back to our hotel and waited on the shuttle to pick us up. Our flight was at 7:30 p.m. so we left around 4:30 p.m. and arrived at the airport around 5:30 p.m. Once we arrived our 7:30 p.m. flight (which had already been changed from a 7:45 p.m. flight) was delayed until 9:00 p.m. So, we were going to miss our connecting flight. Our 9:00 a.m. connecting flight in Dallas was changed to the 10:10 a.m. flight. Plus, we were upgraded to first class. Well, our 9:00 p.m. flight out of Honolulu did not actually leave until 9:35 p.m. We arrived in Dallas around 9:45 a.m. and we had to shoot all the way across the airport. We made it to our gate with about 2 minutes to spare. We basically ran through the airport (or at least as much running as you can do in a pair of flip flops and a sea urchin spine in your foot). We arrived in Chicago around 12:30 p.m., but our luggage did not. It did however arrive on the next flight and were back home around 2:30. We did manage to finish The Good Shepherd and we are over halfway through Hoodwinked. So far it is really cute. One thing that I forgot to mention about Hawaii is that there are hitchhikers everywhere. My mom will be proud to know that we didn't pick any of them up. Today we have been relaxing. We returned some things to Target (film we didn't use, a hat that I didn't end up needing, and some mosquito repellent that the guide book said we would need in the rainforest that it turns out we didn't need after all). We stopped by the library and now I am in my pj's and we are going to watch a movie or two. In between movies, I have around 1000 pictures to organize. One more cool thing about Hawaii...we saw a ton of rainbows. Now I know why their license plates have rainbows on them.